Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee. The coffees of the Southern region of Yirgacheffe have long been prized for their delicate, tea-like aromatics and clean citrus flavor. A truly unique flavor in coffee and one of our prized offerings. An excellent coffee for cold brewing. Also excellent enjoyed traditionally as a hot coffee and will hold up well to creams and sugars but is also lovely as a stand alone black coffee with its many nuanced flavors and aromas.
- Cultivars: Heirloom, forest grown, organic, Arabica coffees
- Processing Method: Wet processing/Sun Drying
- Region: Southwestern Rainforest of Ethiopia
- Harvest: September – Decembe
- Certification: Fair Trade, Organic 100%
- Cupping Notes: Medium Body, Tart Acidity
- Altitude: 1500 – 2000m
- Aroma: Floral
Roaster's cup notes: A variety of flavors ranging from light lemon citrus to bold blackberry undertones. Mouth feel can also range from light and effervescent with bergamot to full and warm when roasted darker.