Honduras Fair Trade Organic
HONDURAS FAIRTRADE ORGANIC PROFIlE
Sourced from a cooperative of farmers in a protected designation of origin within the department of La Paz, Honduras. With a significant participation of women within, resulting in a successful women’s group that has established their own farmers’ market to sell home-grown organic produce.
- Cultivars: Typica, Bourbon, Caturra, Catuai
- Processing Method: Washed and Natural, Sun-dried on shaded raised beds.
- Region: La Paz, Comayagua Sur, Intibuca (Central and South– Eastern region of Hon-duras.
- Harvest: December to March
- Certification: Fair Trade,Organic
- Cupping Notes: Smooth, Caramel, Stone Fruit, Syrupy mouthfeel with bright berry acidity and floral aftertaste.
- Altitude: 1700– 2200 masl
- Aroma: Dark chocolate, blackberry, floral
Roaster’s cup notes-light mouth feel, nutty like almond, smoky like pipe tobacco, fruity like raisin and sweet like honey /caramel. A nice staple coffee, good for an after dinner coffee or a lighter breakfast coffee for a great way to start your day.