Indonesian Java Organic
Java Taman Dadar is sourced from family-owned farms on the Indonesian island of Java, High altitudes and volcanic soil provide perfect growing conditions. Small organic coffee production is atypical of the region which is dominated by large government run coffee estates established by the Dutch in the 18th century.
Taman Dadar, meaning flower garden, aptly describes the way this coffee is cultivated, colorfully inter-cropped with parkia beans, avocados, erythrina, albizia, and leucaena trees, which produce food for local consumption and shade. Java Taman Dadar is wet-hulled, a uniquely Indonesian processing method in which the coffee parchment is removed before the final drying is completed, producing a hallmark Indonesian flavor.
- Cultivars: S 795 (Typica Hybrid and Arabica
- Processing Method: Wet Hulled
- Region: Curah Tatal & Kayumas villages located on the ljen Plateau in Eastern Java, Indonesia.
- Harvest: May– September
- Altitude: 900– 1600 meters
- Cupping Notes: Herbal, Chocolate, good body, medium acidity
- Aroma: Sweet chocolate, cane sugar
- Certifications: Organic (Central Union)
Roaster's Cup Notes: Light mouth-feel, spicy peppery, earthy, brown sugar. The first coffee origin we personally fell in love with. We always come back to our Java as one of our personal favorites.